PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria has worked in over 90 countries since 1990, seeking to strengthen the local systems that drive prosperity and opportunity and forge community resilience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: : Admin and Procurement Assistant
Locations: Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna, Nigeria
Division: Enterprise and Community Development
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officer – Rayuwa Nigeria Project
- PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria has worked in over 90 countries since 1990, seeking to strengthen the local systems that drive prosperity and opportunity and forge community resilience. It is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Admin and Procurement Assistant to be based full-time in Zaria Nigeria.
- This position will work with the Rayuwa Nigeria Project team to design an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education in the region. As a new initiative, Rayuwa is part of PYXERA Global’s broader JIVA programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
- The JIVA program traces its roots to a corporate volunteer project undertaken by a group of John Deere Executive members in 2011. The team spent a week working side-by-side with residents of three villages in rural Rajasthan, India. Inspired by this engagement, the Foundation partnered with PYXERA Global to identify the most pressing needs in the villages and empower the villagers to determine for themselves how best to meet these challenges. On the basis of this work together with the residents, the Joint Initiative for Village Advancement (JIVA) project funded by the John Deere Foundation and implemented by PYXERA Global began in January 2013.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or HND in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in procurement, logistics, administration, project management, finance or accounting is required.
- Experience working on multi-sector rural development project
- Good knowledge of Northern Nigeria is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Hausa languages strongly preferred.
- Nigerian national required.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package and list of 3 professional references. to: [email protected] . In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global Rayuwa Nigeria Admin and Procurement Assistant 2020.”