The AIG Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Since 2017, twenty-seven (27) scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms and contribute to their nation’s development.
From 2022, the AIG Scholarships will only be open to applicants already working in the civil service. Applicants should be aged between 25 and 50, with strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities and a passion to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s civil service.
See also Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton Africa 2022.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2022-23 AIG Scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels.
- Aged between 25 and 45 years.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification.
- Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be considered.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the selection process will be required to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admission. Full support will be provided throughout the application process. Finalists offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered for the AIG Scholarship.
Funding will cover tuition, living expenses and stipends for summer project.
Deadline for applications is 9 September 2022. Hurry now and apply through here or visit the official programme website for more details.
See also African Good Practice Competition On Youth Skills Development And Employment.