- Assistant Coop-Administrator
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable
Date Posted: 4th February 2020 Closing Date: 18th February 2020
The Staff Cooperative Society at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks
suitable candidates for the following positions at the society’s office in IITA campus
Under the supervision of the Executives, the successful candidate will among other things
perform the following duties:
- Prepare monthly deduction schedule for Payroll Unit use;
- Prepare monthly Bank and Personal Account with IITA (PA) reconciliation
- Assist the Administrator in the day-to-day management of society operations;
- Upload transactions into the accounting system;
- Attend to queries from Cooperative members, Internal and External Auditors;
- Provide schedule balances of figures in the management accounts to auditors
during audit exercises;
- Perform daily call-up review of members’ transactions, records, and balances.
BSc/HND Cooperative Studies and Management, Accounting or Business Management,
PE II ICAN. Possession of ACA or ACCA would be an added advantage. The ideal
candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent computer skills in the use of financial applications (Oracle or Peachtree,
QuickBooks or other accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and excellent team working skills with less supervision.
The society offer highly competitive salary obtainable in other departmental cooperatives
with fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.