Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PBB Marketing Manager
Job ID: 47268
Job Sector: Banking
- Marketing: defining, marketing and protecting the Standard Bank brand across our business – including specialist advice and activity for specific countries and business units.
- To manage the marketing / communications / public relations marketing plans in order to capitalize on market opportunities and generate customer demand within the zones in Personal and Business Banking (PBB)
Provide and manage a marketing plan for PBB:
- Manage the efforts of the marketing team for each unit together with the other heads of PBB. This role manages the actual PBB marketing team.
- Proactively participate with other members of the executive in the PBB Group by directing and executing marketing / communications / public relations strategies and plans in support of business and group objectives
- Build a creative, integrated marketing team that builds brand awareness and reputation.
- Direct the development of strategies and plans that provide a steady flow of demand (for example, through sales leads) and include effective measurement on the return on marketing programme investments within PBB Nigeria.
- Develop the PBB marketing, communications and public relations plan and ensure this encompasses the strategies and plans for each of the Regions. The jobholder balances the requirements of multiple stakeholders from various parts of the business with group priorities.
- Approve Regional marketing strategies and plans. The jobholder ensures that these plans are implemented.
- Communicate the Regional marketing strategy and plan to internal and agency stakeholders.
- Organise and direct meetings on a regular basis whereby the Regional marketing strategy and plans are reviewed.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Regional strategies, plans and objectives in order to ensure that marketing aligns with these initiatives.
- Participate and be integral to the strategic planning of PBB leadership.
- Work strategically and partner with Regions to input into the development of new opportunities within the Regions.
- Provide Regions with insight around the competitive positioning and develop action plans to differentiate offerings through marketing communication. These would both inform and be informed by head office insights as the Regional marketing head would be closer to the ground initiatives and head office would look at this at an overall point of view.
- Manage and oversee marketing cross-functionally across the Regions including customer offerings, Regional marketing portfolio and marketing support teams (e.g., research, communications, digital, customer offerings, and business unit marketing).
- Recommend short- and long-term business unit goals and objectives to the Head: PBB Leadership.
- Keep informed of the developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations and financial services and use this information to help the organisation operate with agility and innovate on a consistent basis.
Manage all communication initiatives for PBB Marketing:
- Manage and oversee all functions comprising marketing communications associated with PBB including advertising, public relations, direct marketing, media placement, sales collateral, press releases, special events, market research, creative production, media planning, internal and external communication, sponsorships and all other marketing related activities.
- Manage and oversee the development of all supporting marketing collateral for PBB including brochures, sales collateral, etc. Ensure that the services, products and brand are positioned to effectively meet customer demand, remain competitive and remain within the positioning and business guidelines provided.
- Ensure consistent articulation of Standard Bank’s desired brand image and position within PBB and ensure this position is maintained within the marketing strategy for PBB.
Manage marketing research finances:
- Manage the implementation of monitoring processes that demonstrate return on investment of marketing, communications and public relations campaigns in Regions.
- Develop and maintain PBB marketing budgets that are consistent with the financial guidelines provided by the business unit and PBB Marketing and Communications.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10years years experience in a Marketing and Communications role from a bank, FMCG, Telecommunications or Agency background
- Must have managed a project budget of approximately N300 mil
- Must have experience in managing and leading people
- Previous experience in preparing marketing plans and managing a marketing budget
- Effective Business Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Brand Management
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online