SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Manager
Job ID: 12330
- As a Plant Manager at SC Johnson, you will be responsible for delivering organization capability and breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery and Engagement at all times.
- Your responsibilities will include leveraging TPM/Lean methodology to provide the following services: operations management; production and material planning; finished goods production; quality assurance; inventory control; efficient use of raw materials and packaging components; continuous improvement; and capital and expense fund management.
- This role is a member of the site Leadership Strategy Team and is a key change agent within the organization.
- 5 Direct reports, 2 with a dotted line and another 49 employees in functional departments
- Associate Manager, Production – 1 (Direct)
- Associate Manager, Maintenance & Engineering – 1 (Direct)
- Sr. Analyst, Material Planning – 2 (1 Material Planner and 1 Production Scheduler – Direct)
- Associate Manager, Logistics Transportation – 1 (Direct)
- Associate Manager, SHE – 1 (Dotted)
- Associate Manager, Quality – 1 (Dotted)
- Below the above, another 49 employees in production and warehousing
- Developing and meeting safety, cost of sales, and quality, environmental, and finished product output objectives to deliver the business and strategic plans
- Drive breakthrough mindset to achieve world class OEE on all operations while improving service to businesses supported by the plant
- Managing the use of raw materials, packaging components, factory supplies, and the production of finished goods to meet all financial objectives
- Selecting, hiring, motivating, and developing an effective professional and plant staff that can deliver the business and manufacturing objectives
- Delivering customer service levels that meet external, internal, and export requirements. Ensuring customer satisfaction and optimum quality
- Providing appropriate physical facilities and technically sound production systems that have sufficient capacity to supply product demands
- Coordinating and maintaining the Plant(s) manufacturing capital management and capacity planning process
- Providing Leadership of the Standard Daily Work Pillar to drive Autonomous Production Teams and ensure industry best practices are applied and local capability is developed
- Engage people to drive daily improvement through positive attitude and stimulate cultural change
- Monitor report and take action on Key Performance Indicators and deliver continuous Delivered Profit improvement through cost savings and systems optimization.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Manufacturing Management
- Proven track record having profitably grown a business, having developed and implemented the appropriate policies and processes necessary to drive and manage a business, and having infused his/her cross-functional teams with a clear and focused drive for measurable performance
- Demonstrate outstanding business and operational leadership capabilities, including continuous improvement knowledge to improve reliability and agility in a highly dynamic environment.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s of Business Administration or post-graduate qualification
- Experience working in the consumer packaged goods/FMCG industry in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to grow and inspire teams.
- Management Committee Manufacturing Expertise
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Project Management: Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress. Complete projects on time and within budget
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
- Visionary Leadership: Inspires and motivates others to perform effectively in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online