Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Stat & Tax Manager, MC
Job number: 783403
Travel 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Microsoft Multi Country Cluster (MCC) is one of the key subsidiaries of the Middle East and Africa Area. Microsoft MCC is present in the Africa and Levant regions for many years and has been a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the Area and WW community of Stat & Tax Managers that make each other great and build on each other.
- The Stat & Tax Manager is part of the MEA Multi Country Hub Finance team making key decisions around statutory and tax compliance with company and local rules and regulations.
- The Stat & Tax Manager is also part of the MEA and WW Stat & Tax Community engaging into regional or global initiatives that will enhance processes and improve Microsoft stat & tax compliance.
For all legal entities in the country including JV impacting MS financial statements:
- Responsible for stat P&L and balance sheet integrity across the sub-region, Review and sign off on Local P&L and on balance sheet reconciliations + variance analysis
- Payroll and other bookings review and sign-off (guarantee accuracy at company code level)
- Accountable for accurate stat records and timely annual financial statements in compliance with US GAAP, local GAAP and local statutory and tax regulation matters across all statutory entities incl. data centers.
- Monitor, review, and oversee the Stat & Tax work of One Finance to ensure best ROI. Where applicable, manage accounting ops to ensure financial report integrity and completeness
- Manage external auditor relationship. For LRD’s, partner with ROC COE to effectively manager external audit
- Accountable for accurate and timely tax filings, including indirect taxes.
- Cash and tax Management and forecasting
- Where applicable, support & educate the business on tax model (commissioned agent v LRD)
- Support audits from local tax authorities or other government agencies
- Land global projects in country of operation, and country-driven expansions, with proper financial infrastructure and stat registration in compliance with local accounting, tax regulations & MS global processes
- Drive creation and closure of statutory entities as required, ensure legal entities have appropriate representatives/POA and drive changes as required
- Identify all non-standard management transactions (cross-charges transactions, accruals, commission changes) and review their statutory implications before any decision to proceed
- Communicate to Corp tax any important changes in local tax legislation that could affect MS business model (e.g. changes in local Transfer pricing legislation)
- Responsible to maintain local transfer Pricing file in line w/ local legislation and in collaboration with Corp tax.
Key Indicators of Success:
- Meet local tax and statutory filing requirement for responsible stat entities – no delayed filings
- Cash forecast accuracy / Tax provision forecast accuracy
- Successfully implement NRS through close collaboration with ROC and Corp Accounting team for Sirius subs and Mini ROC subs
- Successfully implement local statutory and tax changes
- Provide business BI from statutory Balance Sheet and Variance reviews
- Green statutory audit ( where applicable)
- Proactively collaborate with key partners to early flag and escalate risks and issues.
- 5 years of active experience in a similar role
- 10 years of experience in Stat & Tax positions
- Experience in Audit Firms and Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
- Fluent in English
Culture & Behavior:
- You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have the capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action-oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
- You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data-driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
- You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
- Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a cornerstone in our culture.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.